Re: [git.k.o] gitweb->cgit: Re-add Git snapshot tarball feature

From: Sedat Dilek
Date: Sun Mar 03 2013 - 09:13:36 EST

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 2:53 PM, Konstantin Ryabitsev <mricon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 03/03/13 06:34 AM, Sedat Dilek wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> unfortunately, the Git snapshot tarball feature was dropped when
>> switching from gitweb->cgit interface.
>>
>> For example the Freetz router project extracted the Kbuild-system out
>> of Linux-kernel sources.
>> This is no more possible (see old version [2] and new one in [3]).
>> Freetz introduced "git_archive" checkout method [3] to fix it.
>>
>> Can you please re-add?
>
> I've cautiously re-enabled the snapshot feature. I'll keep an eye on the
> impact this has on the system load and the cache size.

Thanks.

Each commit-id it should be downloadable as a snapshot tarball, not
only he latest commit-id.

LATEST: http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/snapshot/linux-a7c1120d2dcc83691bafa034d98f70285757e826.tar.gz

PREVIOUS: Not available as TGZ

I would also like to see it as on fdo in the form:

$GIT_URL/$PATH/snapshot/$PKG_NAME-$COMMIT_ID.tar.gz

$GIT_URL=http://cgit.freedesktop.org
PATH=xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel
PKG_NAME=xf86-video-intel
COMMIT_ID=995abb46754eba7524afcb852159a31ea19add82

EXAMPLE:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel/snapshot/xf86-video-intel-995abb46754eba7524afcb852159a31ea19add82.tar.gz

/me is no cgit expert...

- Sedat -