Re: i915 black screen introduced by ACPI changes

From: Chris Li
Date: Mon Mar 04 2013 - 12:11:38 EST

Ping,

To recap, the black screen first show up after the ACPI change to use widows 8
string. The i915_setmode function did not crash. The printk output
from that function seems the same as the one that is in 3.6 kernel.
I also include the 3.6 and 3.7 kernel dmesg. The black screen is 100%
reproducible.

Any suggestion how to further debug this i9515 black screen problem?
I really want to get it fixed.

Thanks

Chris