Re: e1000e: nic does not work properly after cold power on

From: Morten Stevens
Date: Mon Mar 04 2013 - 13:21:18 EST

On 04.03.2013 11:46, Mihai DonÈu wrote:
Hi,

I apologize in advance for posting on two lists at once and for not
even being subscribed to e1000-devel.

Ever since upgrading to 3.8.x, I'm unable to use my wired connection
(e1000e - Intel Corporation 82579LM Gigabit) immediately after power
on. I have to boot into an older kernel (3.2.0 I happen to have around)
and _then_ boot into 3.8.1. There are no errors in dmesg that I can
see. The only one behaving strangely is NetworkManager who simply says
the device is managed and skips it. Also, there's no 'link becomes
ready' in dmesg either (and I swear the cable is plugged in).

Hi,

Can you reproduce this with linux 3.9-rc1? 3.9-rc1 has the latest upstream driver (e1000e 2.2.14) which contains many bugfixes.

Best regards,

Morten