Re: 3.9-rc1: hz.bc compilation breakage

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Thu Mar 07 2013 - 10:06:23 EST

On 03/07/2013 02:42 AM, Maxime Ripard wrote:

> I triggered this issue when switching to 3.9-rc1, and oldconfig runs at
> that time, and now, running menuconfig doesn't generates it either.
>
>> I am not sure what you mean with "clean out-of-tree", however.
>
> make O=$(pwd) -C /path/to/linux/source some_configs
> make

Can you give the exact set of commands you are running when you see
this? I cannot reproduce this no matter what I do, and it doesn't seem
like it is being a common problem.

In the example above the first "make" command does indeed not create any
files in include/config, but they get created immediately on the second
"make"...

-hpa