Re: [RFC -next] linux/linkage.h: fix symbol prefix handling

From: James Hogan
Date: Fri Mar 08 2013 - 04:15:51 EST

Hi Rusty,

On 08/03/13 00:03, Rusty Russell wrote:
> James Hogan <james.hogan@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> Also the definition of SYMBOL_PREFIX in <linux/kernel.h> is removed as
>> it conflicts, isn't used anywhere, and is defined as a string so differs
>> from the assembly definition.
>
> So now, if CONFIG_SYMBOL_PREFIX, SYMBOL_PREFIX is defined on the cmdline
> as a string. Otherwise it's empty (not the empty string?):

No, SYMBOL_PREFIX is now defined as a non-string, same as asm files, but
the now unused definition in linux/kernel.h did define it as a string as
it used CONFIG_SYMBOL_PREFIX which is a string. When I said "and is
defined as a string" I was referring to the one in linux/kernel.h that
this removes.

Does that make sense? It's all a bit messy unfortunately (hence RFC).

Cheers
James