Re: Question about fixed-clock

From: Sebastian Hesselbarth
Date: Sat Mar 09 2013 - 03:27:01 EST

On 03/08/2013 02:30 PM, Daniel Mack wrote:
On 08.03.2013 03:15, Mark Brown wrote:
On Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 11:31:59PM +0100, Daniel Mack wrote:
On 07.03.2013 19:42, Afzal Mohammed wrote:
Grep'ing through arch/arm, it seems that the imx arch does the same
thing my patch does, but I could also imagine that it should be done
somewhere from the DT core. I copied Grant, Rob and Mark for more comments.

Wouldn't this just be set up by the DT in the same way that other
off-SoC hardware is?

> [...]

I don't know the clock framework well enough, but it seems that either
all DT boards are supposed to do the same in their generic bits (which
sounds like a lot of code duplication), or the fixed-clock driver should
behave like any other driver wrt its probing from DT. I'm open to
suggestions :)

Daniel,

the current common clock framework does not register any of its "core"
clocks, i.e. fixed-clock, et.al. I haven't had a look at the way regulator
api registers them. But if you find the way reasonable, why not propose
a patch for ccf that registers at least a set of the core clocks itself?

Sebastian