RE: [char-misc 0/2][3.9] Lynx Point LP Bug Fixes for 3.9

From: Winkler, Tomas
Date: Sun Mar 10 2013 - 15:21:45 EST

> > Hi Greg
> > Please, if possible schedule these patches for 3.9 update.
> > The patches fix the reset/initialization for Lynx Point LP (dev_id:
> > 0x9C3A) devices to be found in the Haswell systems.
> >
> > This not a regression per se but it's a fix for a new device.
>
> What happens if you have this new device and don't have these fixes?

They fail to initialize as the reset flow doesn't complete, plainly it won't work.

Similar patch has to be send for 3.7 and 3.8. It Just needs to be done differently as there
was large code movement included in 3.9.

I've assumed at the time that Lynx Point LP behaves same as Lynx Point but I was wrong.

Tomas
Thanks