Re: Regression with orderly_poweroff()

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Mar 12 2013 - 15:20:24 EST

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Oleg Nesterov <oleg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Confused... which arguments? The only argument is poweroff_cmd, it can't
> go away and kmalloc(GFP_KERNEL) is fine in work->func() ?

Hmm. I guess in this particular situation, we really don't have any
arguments from callers, no. I was confused by the fact that we had
that argv_split/argv_free thing, but that doesn't actually come from
the callers, it just comes from our own buffer. So yeah, I guess
everything could just go into a workqueue.

Linus