Re: lgetxattr()/getxattr() return different values on a file labelledwith selinux disabled

From: Thomas COUDRAY
Date: Fri Mar 15 2013 - 11:24:33 EST

2013/3/15 Stephen Smalley <sds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> f is truly a regular file and not a symlink pointing to a regular file?

f is a truly regular file.

> before_t and after_t are both defined in the policy?

Only before_t was defined in the policy.
When I define after_t in the policy, both commands return the same
label (after_t).
But I wouldn't expect this to make a difference in the output of both
commands (as the only visible difference is lgetxattr() vs getxattr())

> before_t and after_t are not type aliases of each other?

They are not.

> What are the credentials (capabilities and SELinux security
> context/permissions) of the process running the ls and getfattr commands?

It has unconfined_u:unconfined_r:before_t label with before_t type.
Same as the file f.
The process has full SELinux rights on both command and file.

> Any relevant messages from SELinux in dmesg output?

No avc warnings in dmesg and audit.log. All looks good.

--
Thomas Coudray