[PATCH] powerpc: drop even more unused Kconfig symbols
From: Paul Bolle
Date: Thu Mar 21 2013 - 07:10:19 EST
When I submitted commit 6805ab6daa2b589fe3242d05ddc47a9dbb0c4eb1
("powerpc: drop unused Kconfig symbols") I apparently failed to notice
that my patch also made PREP_RESIDUAL and PPC_A2_DD2 unused. Drop these
Signed-off-by: Paul Bolle <pebolle@xxxxxxxxxx>
1) I investigated these Kconfig files a bit and discovered that PPC_PREP
is marked BROKEN since v2.6.15, see commit
5be396b00ca0f2f769c55cf69bbd7c77451c925e ("powerpc: Mark PREP and
embedded as broken for now"). Though it's not my problem, this does
suggest PReP support can be removed entirely.
arch/powerpc/platforms/prep/Kconfig | 13 -------------
arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/Kconfig | 4 ----
2 files changed, 17 deletions(-)
diff --git a/arch/powerpc/platforms/prep/Kconfig b/arch/powerpc/platforms/prep/Kconfig
index 1547f66..2036e7e 100644
@@ -8,16 +8,3 @@ config PPC_PREP
- bool "Support for PReP Residual Data"
- depends on PPC_PREP
- Some PReP systems have residual data passed to the kernel by the
- firmware. This allows detection of memory size, devices present and
- other useful pieces of information. Sometimes this information is
- not present or incorrect, in which case it could lead to the machine
- behaving incorrectly. If this happens, either disable PREP_RESIDUAL
- or pass the 'noresidual' option to the kernel.
- If you are running a PReP system, say Y here, otherwise say N.
diff --git a/arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/Kconfig b/arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/Kconfig
index 79d2225..9eea710 100644
@@ -29,7 +29,3 @@ config PPC_CHROMA
- bool "Support for DD2 based A2/WSP systems"
- depends on PPC_A2
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/