Re: Excessive stall times on ext4 in 3.9-rc2

From: Theodore Ts'o
Date: Tue Apr 02 2013 - 11:15:28 EST

On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 11:06:51AM -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:

> Can you try 3.9-rc4 or later and see if the problem still persists?
> There were a number of ext4 issues especially around low memory
> performance which weren't resolved until -rc4.

Actually, sorry, I took a closer look and I'm not as sure going to
-rc4 is going to help (although we did have some ext4 patches to fix a
number of bugs that flowed in as late as -rc4).

Can you send us the patch that you used to get record these long stall
times? And I assume you're using a laptop drive? 5400RPM or 7200RPM?

- Ted