Re: [ 105/124] af_unix: dont send SCM_CREDENTIAL when dest socket is NULL

From: Eric W. Biederman
Date: Wed Apr 03 2013 - 21:01:30 EST

Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Wed, 2013-04-03 at 17:19 -0700, Eric Dumazet wrote:
>
>> Well, yes, this commit fixes a real bug : We were coalescing two
>> messages into a single one, even if the senders were different.
>
> By the way, the 'LSB' test program can be found here :
>
> https://lsbbugs.linuxfoundation.org/attachment.cgi?id=2144

And we have two sends and one recvfrom, and no loops.

So the the problem must be a failure to coalesce messages.

There is a race between creating the sending and receiving sockets.

At a first glance that race looks like we put the cred on the first
message and not on the second message because we are connected by the
time the second messages is sent.

Which would definitely cause a failure to coallesce messages.

Eric