Re: Linux 3.8.6

From: Lucas
Date: Sun Apr 07 2013 - 21:14:33 EST

On 07/04/13 15:28, Daniel Vetter wrote:
On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 12:56 AM, Lucas <canolucas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for reporting in.

Somehow the thread got all messed up in LKML. It didn't parse correctly
there, but it seems that Gmane did. Here is the link:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.stable/48872

Those patches still have an unresolved regression against them.
Unfortunately I can't reproduce it despite that I have a very similar
system, and obviously a bunch of other people like you reported that
the exact same patches which regressed actually fix the lvds panel
fitter. So for now this stays in limbo :(
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation

Ok, if you need any help with testing or anything, just tell me.
For me every release candidate of 3.9 from rc1 onwards is able to boot X. Hope you can hunt this regresion down.

Thanks,
Lucas