Re: [RFC v1] regulator: core: introduce regulator chain locking scheme

From: Andrii Tseglytskyi
Date: Mon Apr 15 2013 - 12:21:43 EST

Hi Mark,

On 04/15/2013 06:50 PM, Mark Brown wrote:
In addition, such locking scheme allows to have access to the supplier
regulator API from inside child's (consumer) regulator API.
I've still not seen any use case articulated for doing this...
Use case is introduced in ABB series:

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-omap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg88293.html

During voltage scaling we would like to have the following sequence:

cpufreq_cpu0

|---> set_voltage(ABB)

|->set_voltage(AVS)

|-->set_voltage(smps123)

Where smps123 is a regulator, connected ot i2c bus. In this particular case "regulator chain" guarantees proper order of calls of voltage scaling sequence.

Regards,
Andrii