L1-icache-loads statistics on i7 2600k?

From: Felix Becker
Date: Fri Apr 19 2013 - 00:08:34 EST

Hi,

i'm trying to trace the caching behaviour of one of my applications
using the "perf" tool. On my i7 Q 820 i can see the l1 instruction
cache loads using "perf stat -e L1-icache-loads" On my i7-2600k i'm
getting "<not supported> L1-icache-loads"

Tracing the following events works fine:

L1-dcache-loads
L1-dcache-load-misses
L1-icache-load-misses

So do you know why it is possible to read dcache loads / misses and
icache misses, but not icache loads? Doesn't the i7 2600k PMU provide
this value or is something wrong with my kernel on this machine?

Regards

Felix