Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the nfsd tree

From: Chuck Lever
Date: Mon Apr 29 2013 - 13:47:58 EST

On Apr 29, 2013, at 1:38 PM, "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 01:04:01PM -0400, Chuck Lever wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 29, 2013, at 12:21 PM, Trond Myklebust
>> <trond.myklebust@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I've now pulled the rpcsec_gss changes into the nfs-for-next. The
>>> main reason why they were not pulled in earlier was due to
>>> uncertainty what to do about the increase in "AUTH_GSS upcall timed
>>> out." syslog warnings.
>>
>> Trond's nfs-for-next now has the new rpcauth_get_gssinfo() and
>> rpcauth_get_pseudoflavor() APIs, which are replacements for direct
>> calls into the GSS mech switch. These APIs are a little more generic,
>> and more robust in the face of unloaded GSS kernel modules.
>>
>> Instead of gss_mech_get_by_OID(), I suspect you want
>> rpcauth_get_pseudoflavor(), but I haven't looked at the gssproxy code.
>
> It's doing
>
> status = -EOPNOTSUPP;
> gm = gss_mech_get_by_OID(&ud->mech_oid);
> if (!gm)
> goto out;
> status = -EINVAL;
> status = gss_import_sec_context(ud->out_handle.data,
> ud->out_handle.len,
> gm, &rsci.mechctx,
> &expiry, GFP_KERNEL);
> if (status)
> goto out;
>
> So we need a way to get from an OID and some mechanism-specific data to
> a context.
>
> Looks to me like we just want to re-export gss_mech_get_by_OID().

The reason for the new wrappers is to load the kernel modules properly before trying to discover the OID -> mechanism mapping.

Where are you calling it from? If it's from outside of the GSS module, how do you guarantee the rpc_gss_auth module is loaded? What if the GSS mechanism for that OID isn't loaded?

--
Chuck Lever
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com