Re: [GIT PULL] scheduler changes for v3.10

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Apr 30 2013 - 10:49:49 EST

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 11:58 PM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please pull the latest sched-core-for-linus git tree from:
>
> The main changes in this development cycle were:
>
> - full dynticks preparatory work by Frederic Weisbecker

Why does this have the crappy cputime scaling overflow code, when we
had a long thread about how to do it right *without* any 64-bit
divides, including a quality-tested patch?

This still has the garbage "div64_u64_rem()" crap which actually SLOWS
DOWN 32-bit code even when not used (becuse it makes "div64_u64()"
calculate it even when unnecessary.

WTF happened here? I and others spent efforts so that we wouldn't need
this kind of crap.

Linus