RE: X86 fpu registers in a signal handler's ucontext

From: Warlich, Christof
Date: Thu May 02 2013 - 03:44:16 EST

richard -rw- weinberger <richard.weinberger@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Are you telling us that Ubuntu shipped the wrong header file?

Grmpf ... no. :-*

Here again, I obviously started looking at the wrong file
(i386-linux-gnu/sys/ucontext.h), which defines uc_mcontext
to be of type mcontext_t.

So the right header to be used seems to be asm-generic/ucontext.h,
which _does_ include the right definition of uc_mcontext to be of
type struct sigcontext even in Ubuntu 11.10.

Thanks again and sorry for the confusion, I hope I have my lesson
learned.