Lenovo Yoga 13 touchpad regression

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Tue May 07 2013 - 01:25:53 EST

Hello,

The touchpad on Lenovo Yoga 13 seems to have broken some time between 3.4 and the current kernel. The dmesg is full of spewage:

[ 256.246481] atkbd serio0: Use 'setkeycodes e03e <keycode>' to make it known.
[ 256.251473] atkbd serio0: Unknown key released (translated set 2, code 0xbe on isa0060/serio0

... about once per second; I am wondering if the touchpad is spewing output onto the keyboard channel or if there is something else wrong.

I have tried i8042.nomux and i8042.noloop to no effect.

Unless someone has a better idea I'll try to do a bisect.

-hpa