[ANNOUNCE] Linux 3.8.y.z extended stable support

From: Kamal Mostafa
Date: Tue May 14 2013 - 12:19:16 EST

Since Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring" uses the 3.8 kernel, the Ubuntu kernel team
will pick up stable maintenance where Greg KH left off[0] with 3.8.13
(thanks, Greg!)...

The Ubuntu kernel team is pleased to announce that we will be providing
extended stable support for the Linux 3.8 kernel until August 2014 as a
third party effort maintained on our infrastructure.

Our linux-3.8.y{-queue,-review} stable branches will fork from 3.8.13
and will be published here:

We will use the same stable request/review workflow and follow the
standard upstream stable kernel rules. More details are available at

We welcome any feedback and contribution to this effort. We will be
posting the first review cycle patch set in a week or two.

-Kamal Mostafa
Ubuntu Kernel Team, Canonical Ltd.

[0] http://www.spinics.net/lists/stable/msg08735.html