Re: [patch v6 8/8] sched: remove blocked_load_avg in tg

From: Changlong Xie
Date: Thu May 23 2013 - 03:32:31 EST

2013/5/16 Peter Zijlstra <peterz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 07:35:25PM +0800, Alex Shi wrote:
>
>> I tested all benchmarks on cover letter maintained, aim7, kbuild etc.
>> with autogroup enabled. There is no clear performance change.
>> But since the machine just run benchmark without anyother load, that
>> doesn't enough.
>
> Back when we started with smp-fair cgroup muck someone wrote a test for it. I
> _think_ it ended up in the LTP test-suite.

Hi Peter

I just download the lastest ltp from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ltp/files/LTP%20Source/ltp-20130503/
and do cgroup benchmark tests on our SB-EP machine with 2S*8CORE*2SMT,
64G memory.

Following is my testing procedures:
1. tar -xvf ltp-full-20130503.tar
2. cd ltp-full-20130503
3. ./configure prefix=/mnt/ltp && make -j32 && sudo make install
4. cd /mnt/ltp

# create general testcase named cgroup_fj
5. echo -e "cgroup_fj run_cgroup_test_fj.sh" > runtest/cgroup

# we only test cpuset/cpu/cpuacct cgroup benchmark cases, here is my
cgroup_fj_testcases.sh
6. [changlox@lkp-sb03 bin]$ cat testcases/bin/cgroup_fj_testcases.sh
stress 2 2 1 1 1
stress 4 2 1 1 1
stress 5 2 1 1 1
stress 2 1 1 1 2
stress 2 1 1 2 1
stress 2 1 1 2 2
stress 2 1 1 2 3
stress 2 1 2 1 1
stress 2 1 2 1 2
stress 2 1 2 1 3
stress 2 1 2 2 1
stress 2 1 2 2 2
stress 4 1 1 1 2
stress 4 1 2 1 1
stress 4 1 2 1 2
stress 4 1 2 1 3
stress 5 1 1 1 2
stress 5 1 1 2 1
stress 5 1 1 2 2
stress 5 1 1 2 3
stress 5 1 2 1 1
stress 5 1 2 1 2
stress 5 1 2 1 3
stress 5 1 2 2 1
stress 5 1 2 2 2

# run test
7. sudo ./runltp -p -l /tmp/cgroup.results.log -d /tmp -o
/tmp/cgroup.log -f cgroup

my test results:
3.10-rc1 patch1-7 patch1-8
duration=764 duration=754 duration=750
duration=764 duration=754 duration=751
duration=763 duration=755 duration=751

duration means the seconds of testing cost.

Tested-by: Changlong Xie <changlongx.xie@xxxxxxxxx>

> Now I don't know if that's up-to-date enough to catch some of the cases we've
> recently fixed (as in the past few years) so it might want to be updated.
>
> Paul, do you guys at Google have some nice test-cases for all this?
> --

Best regards
Changlox