Re: [RFC] pwm: add sysfs interface

From: Oliver Schinagl
Date: Thu May 23 2013 - 10:43:24 EST

On 05/23/13 14:12, Lars Poeschel wrote:
Hi Oliver!

As you are not the first one asking for the status of the pwm sysfs
interface I post my answer to the linux-kernel list in hope others will
benefit.

On Thursday 23 May 2013 at 11:07:39, Oliver Schinagl wrote:
Hi lars,

I have trouble seeing if your patch has been applied yet to the kernel
tree. I do see it in patchwork.
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2163151/

But don't see sysfs features in
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/dri
vers/pwm/core.c

It is not merged and will never be.

If you haven't had time to take Greg's comments into account, would
there be a possibility for you to correct those and re-submit?

I already did resubmit an updated version taking Greg's comments into
account. You can find the thread here:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2387391/

Also this version will not get merged into mainline. I have to do a v2
according to Thierry's comments. I have planed to do it, but I will not
find the time during the next say 2 months.
Ok, keep me updated. If in the meantime I find time, I'll take the next set of comments into account and re-submit it, with a CC to you. If you hear nothing, don't let that hold you back ;)

If not, I'd be happy to pull your patch, fix and re-submit (giving you
full credit of course).

You're welcome! This is a community project. And there is nothing special
to pull or something. Just take the patch from patchwork and work on it.

Your sysfs driver feature is quite awesome and makes using PWM's quite
cool, so that's definitely a good feature to have in the kernel.

Thanks!
Thank you for your interest!

Regards,
Lars