Re: [patch v2 3/6] mm/memory_hotplug: Disable memory hotremove for32bit

From: Michal Hocko
Date: Mon May 27 2013 - 02:48:36 EST

On Mon 27-05-13 07:51:38, Wanpeng Li wrote:
> On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 08:12:09PM +0200, Michal Hocko wrote:

> >> http://marc.info/?l=linux-mm&m=136953099010171&w=2
> >
> >I have seen the email but that email just states that the feature is
> >broken. Maybe it is obvious to you _what_ is actually broken but it
> >doesn't need to be others especially those who would be reading such
> >changelog later. So if you consider this configuration broken then be
> >specific what is broken.
> >

> Sorry for the not enough information. KOSAKI explain more here:
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-mm&m=136958040921274&w=2

There are still just general claims that _something_ is not highmem
aware.

Anyway, as it seems that there are some attempts to revive this code
then this discussion is moot. But, just for the future, make sure you
are really specific when you claim that something is broken. Somebody
said it was broken is _not_ a reasoning that would fly.

--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs