Re: mxsfb: DATA_FORMAT_24_BIT flag outputs invalid colours

From: Hector Palacios
Date: Fri Jun 07 2013 - 03:29:22 EST

Hi Maxime,

On 06/07/2013 09:21 AM, maxime.ripard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Hector,

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 03:33:19PM +0200, Juergen Beisert wrote:
Someone told me, Qt5 cannot handle this special RGB666 mode (even not the
def_rgb666_shift memory layout mentioned above). My test are based on Qt4.
Qt5 needs a regular RGB888 mode, which should silently be converted
internally to RGB666 in the hardware.

So, your patch to always use the RGB888 memory layout seems to be the right
way to go.

Do you plan on submitting this patch? (Or did you already submit it and
I overlooked it?)

I wasn't sure that everybody involved agreed with the patch.
@Juergen, would the patch break your platform?
Additionally, the guys from Crystalfontz didn't comment on it, but their platform is also using a 18bit data bus width and 32bpp.

If no-one is against I'll be glad to submit it.

Best regards,
--
Hector Palacios