Re: [git pull] Please pull powerpc.git merge branch

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Sun Jun 09 2013 - 18:38:05 EST

On Sun, 2013-06-09 at 14:33 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 12:56 AM, Benjamin Herrenschmidt
> <benh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Here are a few more powerpc changes for 3.10. I've merged your
> > tree in at some point (which I generally avoid) in order to get
> > the compat network fixes as soon as possible.
> >
> > Mostly regressions, and stuff I judged could/should still go in at
> > this stage.
>
> Not pulled, because your hamster smells of eldeberries.
>
> This is not just bugfixes. In fact, as far as I can tell, this
> *introduces* bugs, with that "get_user()" in the exception path that
> can apparently happen with irqs disabled and will thus potentially
> result in new warnings that just make things unreadable.

Ah right, brown paper bag for Anton and I :(

I shouldn't have put that one in, it was a last minute bad decision
after spending time tracking another stupid sigill in userspace (this
time FSL CPUs not implementing some optional instructions that Fedora
compiler seems configured to generate nowadays).

> I'm f*cking tired of people having problems understanding "we're past
> rc5". If it's not something you would call stable material, you
> shouldn't send it to me.

I've taken out that commit and the rename of the PMU interrupt (which
while trivial probably wasn't important enough). Everything else is
regressions/stable material.

That does mean I rebased, but normally nobody bases on that merge branch
so it should be fine.

I'll send a new pull request.

Cheers,
Ben.