Re: [patch 0/9] sched: use runnable load avg in balance

From: Alex Shi
Date: Sun Jun 09 2013 - 21:36:14 EST

Ingo & Peter:

How are you?
I know you are very very busy since services for wide key kernel parts.
So hope this email don't disturb you. :)

PJT's runnable load was introduced into kernel from 3.8 kernel. But
besides increase longer code path, it does nothing help now.

This patch try to enable the runnable load into scheduler balance. Most
of this patchset are bug fixing related except 6~8th which are direct
service for introducing runnable load into balance.
The patchset was talked in LKML from last Nov, adopted many suggestions
from PTJ, MikeG, Morten, PeterZ etc. Also tested on x86 and arm
platforms, both got positive feedback.

With this patchset, CFS scheduler will has better and stabler
performance on hackbench, sysbench, pgbench. etc benchmarks. You will
like the performance number which mentioned in last emails.

I appreciated for any further review and comments!

Wish you all best!
Alex

--
Thanks