Re: [BUGFIX 2/9] ACPIPHP: fix device destroying order issue when handling dock notification

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Fri Jun 14 2013 - 08:44:20 EST

On Friday, June 14, 2013 06:30:58 PM Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> 2013/6/14 Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@xxxxxxx>:
>
> > What about the appended patch (on top of [1/9], untested)?
> >
> > Rafael
>
> Sorry, I have lost the track of which patches, on top of 3.10-rc5, I
> should include in my testing and which I shouldn't. Could you please
> restore my understanding? I.e., please provide a full list of LKML or
> Bugzilla links to patches which I should test during the next boot of
> the laptop.
>
> Thanks in advance.

As far as I'm concerned, please test these two for now:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2717851/
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2721271/

They are targeted at the ordering problems only, however, so they won't address
the resource allocation issues you're seeing.

There are some other patches Jiang Liu and Yinghai are working on as far as
I can say, but I'm not sure what their status is at the moment.

Thanks,
Rafael

--
I speak only for myself.
Rafael J. Wysocki, Intel Open Source Technology Center.