Gumstix Overo Linux 3.10-rc5 overo-defconfig etc.

From: kernel-dev
Date: Sat Jun 15 2013 - 01:14:15 EST

I have been using linux on Gumstix since around 2007.

I recently posted a request to help me bring an OEM
driver from 2.6.29 to 2.6.34, since that is the kernel
of the system I am developing user-space code on.

I have gotten 3.x kernels working on Gumstix
in the past, but at some point forgot about the change
from ttyS2 to ttyO2, and so gave up on that to finish my code.

Since I was informed that I need to make requests for assistance
against current kernels, I recently built and booted 3.9.5, 3.9.6,
and 3.10-rc5 on a Gumstix Overo, on a Gallop-43 Breakout Board.

I started with a 3.5 kernel that Gumstix publishes that
was built by the Yocto Project, extracted the .config,
then brought it forward with "make oldconfig" on the
newer source.

That being said, I have a .config that works with
current releases. I noticed that the overo-defconfig
was removed from arch/arm/configs/ at or around
kernel 3.0.

Any interest in putting it back?

Also, if need be I can setup and test an overo-defconfig
for all the 3.x Stable releases.