Re: ext4 extent status tree LRU locking

From: Theodore Ts'o
Date: Mon Jun 17 2013 - 22:51:41 EST

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:25:48AM +0800, Zheng Liu wrote:
> Ah, sorry, I forgot to mention that this patch bases against ext4/master
> branch. Now ext4/dev branch has some regression when I run xfstests.

What regressions are you seeing?

> Ted, I notice that now in ext4 tree we have 'dev', 'dev-with-revert',
> and 'dev2' branches. Which one is the best to generate a new patch for
> the next merge window?

Either the dev branch or the master branch.

The dev-with-revert and dev2 were branches that I had created when
investigating a potential regression with the invalidage page range
patch set. I've since determined that it's a timing issue and it's
not a new regression --- we've had xfstests failures with test
generic/300 for a while now.

- Ted