Re: Nightly stable builds [Was: fec: Fix build for MCF5272]

From: Michael Ellerman
Date: Thu Jun 20 2013 - 21:21:20 EST

On Wed, 2013-06-19 at 16:24 -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 03:15:19PM -0700, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:

> > > Nice front-end.
> > >
> > > Greg, would it be useful to set up something similar for pending stable builds ?
> > > I have back-end code doing that running on one of my servers at home, but no
> > > web front-end.
> > >
> > > Any idea whom to talk to to set this up ? Stephen ? Michael ?
> >
> > I have no idea. I publish the stable build patches all publically, so a
> > build-bot could easily be built using it, which would be great to have.
> >
> The build-bot isn't the problem; as I mentioned above, I already have one
> running. I was referring to a web front-end for it.

Hi Guenter,

Actually I hate the web front end, but that's because I wrote it :)

It's pretty, but it doesn't scale very well, "one of these days" I'll
rewrite it. My plan is to actually just make it a frontend for buildbot
- but I never have time :)

We already build the published stable branches, see:
http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/branch/

But I think you're talking about building the patch queues before they
go into git? If so the only hurdle would be someone publishing a git
tree of them - kisskb only knows how to build git trees.

cheers