Re: Tux3 Report: Meet Shardmap, the designated successor of HTree

From: Christian Stroetmann
Date: Mon Jun 24 2013 - 11:18:11 EST

Dear Mr. Pavel Machek:

Is this a serious comment?
Nevertheless, this is a copyrighted idea [1].

Sincerely
Christian Stroetmann

[1] Log-Structured Hash-based File System (LogHashFS or LHFS; www.ontonics.com/innovation/pipeline.htm#loghashfs)

Hi!

At first you came up with a file system that can handle a great
many/billions files and has ACID feature, which are both features of
my Ontologic File System (OntoFS; see [1]). Both were said to be a
no-go at that time (around 2007 and 2008).
Then you came up, with my concept of a log-structured hashing based
file system [2] and [3], presented it as your invention yesterday
[4], and even integrated it with your Tux3 file system that already
has or should have the said features of my OntoFS. I only waited for
this step by somebody strongly connected with the company Samsung
since the October 2012. AIso, I do think that both steps are very
clear signs that shows what is going on behind the curtain.
And now your are so bold and please me that I should credit these
ideas in the sense of crediting your ideas. For sure, I always do
claim for copyright of my ideas, and the true question is if you are
allowed to implement them at all. In this conjunction, I would give
Fortunately, you can't copyright ideas. Chuck Norris managed to do it
once, but you can't.

Pavel