Re: USB tree now closed for 3.11

From: Greg KH
Date: Tue Jun 25 2013 - 11:24:32 EST

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 11:21:43AM -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jun 2013, Greg KH wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > With the release of the 3.10-rc7 kernel, I think it's time to close the
> > USB tree for new features / cleanups for 3.11. So I'm closing my
> > tree, and will only be applying obvious bugfixes or regressions to it
> > until 3.11-rc1 comes out.
> >
> > You can keep sending me patches for the tree that don't fit the "bugfix"
> > category, but note that I'll be storing them away to wait for 3.11-rc1
> > comes out, which might be a few weeks, so please be patient.
> >
> > The USB tree right now contains 382 patches, and the diffstat
> > summary is:
> > 410 files changed, 18183 insertions(+), 4956 deletions(-)
>
> Instead of storing away new patches where people can't easily get at
> them, you could create a temporary branch to hold them until 3.11-rc1
> is released. Would that involve a significant amount of extra work?

Yes that would, because I'm busy doing other merge-related things for
these next 3 weeks, I don't have the time to be building a new tree. I
supposed you could always use patchwork to see the pending patches, but
I need this time "away" from applying patches to catch up on my other
tasks.

sorry,

greg k-h