Re: Linux 3.10-rc7

From: Shuah Khan
Date: Tue Jun 25 2013 - 16:51:36 EST

On 06/25/2013 02:06 PM, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 19:59:28 +0000
> Shuah Khan <shuah.kh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 06/25/2013 01:52 PM, Jesse Barnes wrote:

>>> Yeah, looks like we don't fetch the PLL state on resume from hibernate,
>>> leading to this warning. The refcount is nonzero, indicating the pll
>>> is in use, but the active field is clear, which means we're missing an
>>> update somewhere.
>>>
>>> Shuah, just to confirm, does your resume actually work ok aside from
>>> the warning? I *think* it's harmless in this case, but does indicate a
>>> real bug in our state tracking... trying to come up with a patch now.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>

>> Resume works just fine. I see it take longer for it to suspend compared
>> to 3.9.7 and then resumes just fine. Suspend taking longer very well
>> could be because of this warn_on. Other than this warn_on I haven't
>> noticed any other problems.
>
> Here's the patch I'm testing now, can you give it a try?

Jesse,

With this patch warn_on went away. Resume worked. I started seeing:

[ 78.733062] mei_me 0000:00:16.0: unexpected reset: dev_state = RESETTING
[ 78.733079] mei_me 0000:00:16.0: reset: wrong host start response
[ 78.733082] mei_me 0000:00:16.0: unexpected reset: dev_state = RESETTING

over and over again after resume from reboot mode suspend. dmesg filled
up with these messages.

I did suspend to disk shutdown mode right away. Resume worked, no
warn_ons, and no mei_me messages.

-- Shuah

Shuah Khan, Linux Kernel Developer - Open Source Group Samsung Research
America (Silicon Valley) shuah.kh@xxxxxxxxxxx | (970) 672-0658