Re: BUG: tty: memory corruption through tty_release/tty_ldisc_release

From: Alexander Holler
Date: Wed Jun 26 2013 - 03:24:21 EST

Am 25.06.2013 16:18, schrieb Dean Jenkins:
On 17/05/13 05:43, Alexander Holler wrote:

To reproduce it, call rfcomm connect /dev/rfcommN and after the
connection to the remote device happened, power down the remote device
and wait 20s (the timeout until a connection drop will be discovered).
I expect this behaviour depends on the remote device. Does the device
close the RFCOMM session cleanly ? Perhaps an out of range test would be
better so that the connection drops.

Yes. With power down I meant a hard power down, such that the remote doesn't has the chance to close the session cleanly. It's easier to do than putting it out of range, at least if the remote isn't a battery-powered device. I should have described that more clearly.

Is there a bugzilla bug report that is tracking this issue ? If I can
reproduce this issue then I would like to add more information to a bug
report.

I haven't written a bugzilla bug report and won't write one.

Furthermore I've already found and described the problem, so more crash reports should not be necessary.

And they don't make much sense because they happen because of a disastreous memory corruption, which means the BUGs can include almost everything (hopefully nothing which eats your disk contents).

Regards,

Alexander Holler