Re: [Patch v5 0/9] liblockdep: userspace lockdep

From: Sasha Levin
Date: Wed Jun 26 2013 - 15:39:01 EST

On 06/26/2013 11:53 AM, Ingo Molnar wrote:
Ingo, I don't think I see anything holding this back; however I remember
>reading some email about people not liking stuff like this living in the
>tools/ directory or such.
>
>Will you pick this up?
So I'd really be interested in how interesting/useful this is to userspace
developers? Does it work for something complex as Firefox, or Apache, to
the extent they make use of these locking APIs?

So far I've tested it on Firefox, Apache, QEMU, LKVM, GCC and random smallish
programs. I haven't really done full testing for each of those, but just made
sure that liblockdep behaves as it supposed to. I'm guessing that with further
work it will dig up actual issues.

Thanks,
Sasha