Re: [ 00/17] 3.0.84-stable review

From: Greg Ungerer
Date: Wed Jun 26 2013 - 19:06:44 EST

On 26/06/13 17:34, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 9:39 PM, Guenter Roeck <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 09:32:26PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
Hi GÃnther,

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 9:23 PM, Guenter Roeck <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Build m68k:defconfig passed
Build m68k:apollo_defconfig passed
Build m68k:m5272c3_defconfig failed
Build m68k:m5307c3_defconfig failed
Build m68k:m5249evb_defconfig failed
Build m68k:m5407c3_defconfig failed
Build m68k:mac_defconfig passed
Build m68k:multi_defconfig passed
Build m68k:sun3_defconfig passed
Build m68k:sun3x_defconfig passed
Build m68k:mvme16x_defconfig passed
Build m68k:hp300_defconfig passed

m68k:defconfig is an alias for m68k:multi_defconfig, so you can drop
one of them.

Furthermore, m68k:multi_defconfig is the union of all m68k "classic MMU"
defconfigs, except for sun3_defconfig (due to the incompatible MMU type).
Hence dropping apollo_defconfig, mac_defconfig, sun3x_defconfig,
mvme16x_defconfig, and hp300_defconfig would reduce your build coverage
only marginally. Of course, if you have too many spare cycles ;-)

Thanks, I'll do that. The complete build for three releases takes 15+ hours
with i7-3700k, so reducing that a bit doesn't hurt.

FYI, you still built m68k:mvme16x_defconfig for v3.9.7-95-g6a2f14b.

Would there be any useful builds to add ?

You could add m68k:m5475evb_defconfig, which is the only Coldfire
defconfig with MMU=y.

Greg: Any other advice for Coldfire?

I might have some, except I am not sure what we are talking about.
I don't have enough context from the above alone :-)

I take it this is test building 3.0.84?
I haven't built a 3.0.x for a while, so not sure why the above
ColdFire targets are failing without going and trying it out.

Regards
Greg