RE: [RFC V1] COMMIT 1: DA9210 driver files

From: Opensource [Steve Twiss]
Date: Fri Jun 28 2013 - 09:22:30 EST

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013, Mark Brown wrote:

>On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 10:32:08AM +0000, Opensource [Steve Twiss] wrote:
>
>Please fix your mail client to word wrap between paragraphs for legibility.

Hi Mark,

Apologies for the word-wrap.

>> Dialog are planning to submit a DA9063 driver that 'stands alone'
>> instead of being fully integrated with a combined DA9210 driver (i.e.
>> the one that was uploaded to the mailing list about a year ago).
>> Having said that, there will be a strong similarity between the
>> combined DA9063/DA9210 mailing-list driver and the upcoming
>> stand-alone DA9063 driver.
>
>If there's a lot of similarity then one of the obvious review comments is going to be that
>the two drivers should be merged to promote code reuse.

I should have been clearer.

The DA9063 and DA9210 are two totally different devices. Both in
function and in size. It was a mistake to implement one single driver
for two separate devices.

Also, I meant that before I submit the new stand-alone DA9063 driver,
I will ensure that I make use of any 'request for comments' made
during previous postings.

Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks,
Steve