Re: [testcase] perf: yet another fuzzer triggered crash

From: Vince Weaver
Date: Tue Jul 02 2013 - 16:27:33 EST

On Mon, 1 Jul 2013, Vince Weaver wrote:

> I'm in the process of kernel bisecting this, though all I can tell you so
> far is 2.6.32 is unaffected by the bug but 3.2 and later are.

well, I spent 2 days bisecting between 3.1 and 3.2 (after
wasting time bisecting between 3.0 and 3.1 by mistake)
(also, a pox on whoever introduced that ethernet .config change between
3.1. 3.2).

and of course what it gives me is
a240f76165e6255384d4bdb8139895fac7988799

perf, core: Introduce attrs to count in either host or guest mode

so the test case wasn't crashing because the auto-generated file
was setting exclude_guest and exclude_host causing perf_event_open()
to fail. If I drop setting those bits it still crashes.

I guess back to the drawing board.

Vince