Re: PATCH? trace_remove_event_call() should fail if call is active

From: Oleg Nesterov
Date: Wed Jul 03 2013 - 18:24:50 EST

On 07/03, Steven Rostedt wrote:

> No, I would avoid any changes to the debugfs infrastructure.

YEs, agreed.

> OK, what about the below patch, followed by an updated version of your
> patch. I'll send that as a reply to this one.

Steven, you do understand that I can't review the changes in this area.

But at first glance, _I think_ this should work. And this is much simpler,
->open() blocks trace_remove_event_call() (you added TRACE_EVENT_FL_REF_MASK
check into the next patch).

Which tree this patch is based on? I have pulled linux-trace.git#for-next
and I do not see tracing_open_generic_file/etc in trace_events.c.

I do not understand what protects call->flags, I guess there is another
lock which I do not see in my tree?

Oleg.