Re: [GIT] Networking

From: Rob Landley
Date: Tue Jul 09 2013 - 21:54:55 EST

On 07/09/2013 12:32:56 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 7:29 PM, Rob Landley <rob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Um, does that mean I should have cc'd you on the initmpfs patch series
> back before the merge window opened?

So I personally don't tend to care about that kind of patch-series -
it doesn't really add new features to basic code unlike the polling
changes.

I tried to be as non-intrusive as possible while mucking about with early boot code on all targets. :)

But I suspect for something like that series, the people to
cc are Al Viro and Hugh Dickins because they maintain vfs adn tmpfs
respectively.. That said, I think neither really cares.deeply, and
this looks like a "Andrew" patch-series if only because it's so random
;)

All three were cc'd by get_maintainer.pl, but none of 'em seem to have noticed.

The embedded community continues to have strange needs, but they make sense to us. (And oddly enough to the supercomputer folks, who are basically "embedded with money".)

Thanks,

Rob--