3.10.0: Full dynticks = high load

From: DÃniel Fraga
Date: Thu Jul 11 2013 - 05:49:29 EST

I upgraded to kernel 3.10.0 and decided to try the new "Full
dynticks system (tickless)" option, but now the system load is always
at 1 or above.

Using the previous "Idle dynticks system (tickless idle)" solves
the problem, so it seems the new Full dynticks code is causing this.

Maybe Ingo Molnar can help to debug this (I put this in Power
Management, but if it should be in other area, please change).

My desktop is:
Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3
Core i7 2700k
8GB RAM

Feel free to suggest how can I debug this to help you. I can try
patches if you want.

Thank you.

--
Linux 3.10.0: Unicycling Gorilla