Re: [ATTEND] How to act on LKML

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Mon Jul 15 2013 - 23:37:05 EST

On 07/15/2013 08:06 PM, Steven Rostedt wrote:

> Linus's point is that he wants to be honest, and cursing is his way of
> giving you the most direct way to understand how he honestly feels.

What I don't get about anything of this is that I have always found
Linus' being hyper-obviously over the top sarcastic when he goes on a
rant. There is usually plenty of context to derive that from, too, even
if you haven't seen him in person enough to virtually hear the smirk in
his voice. This is a form of humor more than anything else, and at
least I find it utterly impossible to be offended by it. As the main
target of the rant this weekend, I (a) chuckled, and (b) said "I think I
need to do some damage control".

-hpa