Re: [BUG] 3.10 regression: hang on suspend

From: Ortwin Glück
Date: Tue Jul 16 2013 - 03:34:57 EST

On 16.07.2013 08:56, Stanislaw Gruszka wrote:
Apparently this commit changed suspend procedure on mac80211, but it's
not obvious for me why it hangs :-(

Hangs are hard :-) It just sits there with a black screen and a white cursor in the top left corner...

What is your user space configuration (are you using NM or other
software or maybe just wpa_supplicant)? Are you using wowlan?
If you do add no_console_suspend boot parameter does it print some
diagnostic messages during suspend before the hang ?

Yes, I am using NM under KDE, with KDE triggered suspend. No wowlan AFAIK. The last thing I see in the log is something from NetworkManager that sees the device switching off. I can try again tonight and give you the exact message.

I will also try without NM and bare wpa_supplicant and a plain suspend through sysfs.

Any debug options you want me to enable? Netconsole won't work however...

Ortwin