Re: [ 00/19] 3.10.1-stable review

From: CAI Qian
Date: Thu Jul 18 2013 - 00:01:39 EST

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Steven Rostedt" <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: "CAI Qian" <caiqian@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Cc: "Thomas Gleixner" <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Sarah Sharp" <sarah.a.sharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Linus Torvalds"
> <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Ingo Molnar" <mingo@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Guenter Roeck" <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Greg
> <linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Andrew Morton" <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "stable" <stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> "Darren Hart" <dvhart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 11:47:34 AM
> Subject: Re: [ 00/19] 3.10.1-stable review
>
> On Wed, 2013-07-17 at 23:16 -0400, CAI Qian wrote:
>
> > > So if you talk about abuse, then you need an abuser and a victim. So
> > > your argumentation falls flat because there is no victim.
> > Could victim be someone else in the future since it is an example that
> > people may follow?
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvio_Berlusconi_underage_prostitution_charges
> > It called "abuse of office" or abuse of the power.
>
> Wow! You are now comparing Linus to a Prime Minister that has paid
> underage prostitutes for sex?
I apologize that this leads to misunderstanding. It was just happened to
read the news that underage child does not feel like she is a victim
either while the law still think that is an abuse. Another example, those
BBC child abusers took ages to track down that probably because those
children did not feel victims at that time either.

Please don't get me wrong. I did neither compare Linus to those child abusers
nor Thomas to those children. I simply pointed out there is also some common
sense need to consider.