Re: [ 00/72] 3.10.2-stable review

From: Satoru Takeuchi
Date: Sat Jul 20 2013 - 22:23:42 EST

At Fri, 19 Jul 2013 08:40:24 -0700,
Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 09:27:46AM +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:
> > On 2013-07-19 07:25 +0200, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> >
> > > This is the start of the stable review cycle for the 3.10.2 release.
> > > There are 72 patches in this series, all will be posted as a response
> > > to this one. If anyone has any issues with these being applied, please
> > > let me know.

> > > Anything received after that time might be too late.
> > >
> > > The whole patch series can be found in one patch at:
> > > kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v3.0/stable-review/patch-3.10.2-rc1.gz
> >
> > I've spent just half an hour trying to figure out why this kernel failed
> > to install with an incomprehensible error message:
> >
> > ,----
> > | BUILDDEB
> > | rm: invalid option -- 'c'
> > | Try `rm --help' for more information.
> > | make[2]: *** [_modinst_] Error 1
> > `----
> >
> > It turned out that there's a trailing space in the
> >
> > SUBLEVEL = 2
> >
> > line in the Makefile, and that extra space ends up in MODLIB, finally
> > passing the 'rm' command _two_ parameters rather than one, the second
> > starting with "-rc1".
>
> Very strange, my editor doesn't show me trailing spaces like it used to,
> I must have upgraded something recently...
>
> Anyway, sorry about that, I've uploaded a -rc2 version of the patch at:
> kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v3.0/stable-review/patch-3.10.2-rc2.gz
> that should have solved this issue.
>
> If not, please let me know.

3.10.2-rc2 can be built and boot without any problem.
Building a kernel with this kernel also works fine.

- Build Machine: debian jessy x86_64
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz x 4
memory: 8GB

- Test machine: debian jessy x86_64(KVM guest on the Build Machine)
vCPU: x2
memory: 2GB

Thanks,
Satoru