[GIT PULL] nohz fixes

From: Frederic Weisbecker
Date: Wed Jul 24 2013 - 15:08:55 EST

Ingo,

Please pull the timers/urgent branch that can be found at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/frederic/linux-dynticks.git
timers/urgent

Just one thing you need to know: you reported me that the warning was
"too much" to tell the user that he can't use full dynticks due to unstable tsc.

I discussed that with Steve and we concluded that we could keep the warning but
only trigger it if the user explicitly wants to use the full dynticks which we
deduce by checking if he filled the nohz_full= boot parameter or he selected
CONFIG_NO_HZ_FULL_ALL. This way we make sure that the user knows what's going
on but only if he really expected to use it.

If you still consider the tainting warning to be too much a hammer, even if only
real users are warned, then tell me and I'll change that to some way you
prefer.

Thanks,
Frederic
---

Li Zhong (1):
nohz: fix compile warning in tick_nohz_init()

Steven Rostedt (1):
nohz: Do not warn about unstable tsc unless user uses nohz_full

kernel/time/tick-sched.c | 5 ++---