Re: [tip:perf/core] perf: Update perf_event_type documentation

From: Vince Weaver
Date: Thu Jul 25 2013 - 08:30:36 EST

On Thu, 25 Jul 2013, Peter Zijlstra wrote:

> I didn't add any fields, this is simply catching up with what was
> already there. But yes, this is very much intended to be compatible.

So those id fields have been there since 2.6.31 and just no one noticed
the header file comments were wrong? That's fine then, I just have a lot
of code and other documentation that needs to be updated then.

> I suppose you're 'complaining' about these changes? Yeah, maybe I should
> have split them up in a separate patch.

> It should be a NOP functionality wise.

yes, it looks like a NOP. I was just surprised to see code changes (even
trivial ones) when the commit message only said documentation update.

Vince