Re: [Ksummit-2013-discuss] DT bindings as ABI [was: Do we havepeople interested in device tree janitoring / cleanup?]

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Fri Jul 26 2013 - 09:51:06 EST

On Fri, 2013-07-26 at 09:45 -0400, Jason Cooper wrote:

> We agree, I was just highlighting that attributes outside of chosen can
> and need to be rewritten by the bootloader.

Yes, absolutely. I had actually edited and re-ordered my message
<1374831744.2923.42.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> to try to make that
clearer by explicitly saying that the nodes which describe hardware
devices *can* change, before I ever made any mention of /chosen as
something which is almost *exclusively* dynamic.

Evidently that wasn't sufficient clarification. :)

--
dwmw2