Re: [tip:perf/core] kprobes/x86: Call out into INT3 handler directlyinstead of using notifier

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Mon Jul 29 2013 - 05:19:00 EST

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> >> Please note that putting this patch in perf/core means x86/jumplabel is
> >> completely nonfunctional by itself.
> >
> > I'd like to point out that this is still the case ... TIA,
>
> What is?

17f41571bb2c4a is only in perf/core, x86/jumplabel is missing it. I am not
sure about the tip workflow, but as it is now, x86/jumplabel is buggy, so
it should be either fixed (by pulling 17f41571bb2c4a from perf/core) or
removed, or somehow marked as broken ... ?

Not a big deal for me as long as perf/core is fine, but as you were
mentioning it ...

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina