Re: [patch 1/3] raid5: offload stripe handle to workqueue

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Wed Jul 31 2013 - 06:33:40 EST

Hello,

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 09:24:34AM +0800, Shaohua Li wrote:
> stripe is the work unit actually. As I said, if I queue a work for each stripe,
> just queue_work() will make the system blast because of the pwq->pool->lock
> contention. dispatching one work has another side effect that I can't add block

Hmmm.... I see. I'm not familiar with the code base and could be
missing something but how does the custom stripe dispatch queue
synchronize? Doesn't that make use of a lock anyway? If so, how
would scheduling separate work items be worse? Also, can you please
elaborate the block plug part?

Thanks.

--
tejun